*This program has finished.
- A Spirit Animal Workshop & Parade Featuring Katie Cercone with Go! Push Pops
- Date: Saturday, April 25, 2015, 1:00 – 4:30 pm
- Venue: Lecture Hall, International House of Japan
- Artists: Katie Cercone (Visual Artist, US-Japan Creative Artists Program Fellow) and Go! Push Pops
- Language: English & Japanese (with interpretation as necessary)
- Co-sponsored by the Japan-US Friendship Commission (JUSFC)
- Admission: Free
- Seating: 20 (reservations required)
- *All ages welcome. Loose or comfortable clothing recommended.
A workshop and street parade led by the transnational feminist collective Go! Push Pops. Based loosely on neo-shamanism and a belief in the sacredness of nature, the workshop will help participants learn to identify their spirit animal and strengthen their human connection to the earth through simple physical exercises and meditative crafts. Participants will have the opportunity to make their own costumes in the likeness of their spirit animal. To conclude the session, the group will take to the streets, parading with joy and ease through the wilderness of Roppongi.
- Artist’s website:http://katiecercone.com
photographer:Ishmail Thoth Ra