- ※This program has finished.
- Thursday, May 17 2018 7:00 pm
Iwasaki Koyata Memorial Hall, International House of Japan
Laurel Nakanishi (Writer; US-Japan Creative Artists Program Fellow)
- Language: English (with subtitles / consecutive interpretation)
- Co-sponsored by the Japan-US Friendship Commission (JUSFC)
- Admission: Free (reservations required)
Hawaii-based writer Laurel Nakanishi will discuss her work teaching poetry to children in schools across the US and Nicaragua. Through stories and research, she will trace the ways in which students are transformed through writing. This interactive presentation will feature poetry pedagogy, student work, and a short collaborative poetry-writing exercise.
Photographs are courtesy of the artist.