- *This seminar has finished.
- Date: Wednesday, October 29, 3:00–6:00 pm
- Venue: Banquet Room 2, International House of Japan
- Language: English (without interpretation)
- Coorganized by the International House of Japan and the Japan Foundation
- Admission: Free (reservations required)
The Asia Leadership Fellow Program (ALFP), a joint program of the International House of Japan and the Japan Foundation, has since 1996 brought distinguished Asian intellectuals to Japan to discuss pan-Asian issues in order to build a network of public intellectuals in Asia going beyond their respective background, culture and professional arena.
During their two-month stay in Japan, the 2014 fellows, with this year’s theme “The Future of Asia, the World and Humanity after Development and Growth” in mind, have engaged in dialogues concerning the challenges faced by Asia and the world among themselves, as well as with their counterparts in Japan. In this public seminar, the fellows will share their thoughts on the current situation of their regions and the issues they have been working on, along with what they have learned from their dialogues in the program.
(For profiles of the fellows please see: http://alfpnetwork.net/en/fellow/)
- Vishalache Balakrishnan (Malaysia) / Senior Lecturer, University of Malaya
- Lee Wonjae (Korea) / Vice President, The Hope Institute
- Mera Akiko (Japan) / Executive Director, Oxfam Japan
- Sikder Monoare Murshed (Bangladesh) / Professor, University of Dhaka
- Nguyen Viet Khoi (Vietnam) / Professor, Vietnam National University
- Ambeth R. Ocampo (Philippines) / Associate Professor, Ateneo de Manila University
- Mallika Shakya (Nepal) / Assistant Professor, South Asian University