- Date: Friday, October 11, 2013, 7:00 pm (Doors open at 6:30 pm)
- Venue: Iwasaki Koyata Memorial Hall, International House of Japan
- Admission: 3,500 yen (IHJ Members, non-Japanese & students: 2,500 yen)
- *One Non-Japanese guest accompanied by an IHJ member can be invited free of charge. These complimentary admissions are limited, so please make your reservations early.
- Seating Capacity: 170 (reservations required)
*Registration is now closed.
KODO (Fujimoto Yoshikazu,
Kojima Chieko, Fujimoto Yoko,
Yamaguchi Motofumi, Miyazaki Masami,
Kusa Yosuke, Komatsuzaki Shogo),
In order to introduce and share Japanese traditional culture with non-Japanese residents in Japan, the I-House will present a concert by the world famous taiko (Japanese drum) performing arts ensemble, KODO. Based on Sado Island in Niigata, KODO travels the world performing taiko, folk dance, song and music. The performance at the I-House will feature a core group of KODO’s senior members performing a selection of their most representative works. Ryukyu (Okinawan) dancer Kinjo Mitsue will make a special appearance for this concert.