Library Membership is primarily for graduate students and visiting fellows at Japanese academic institutions. The privileges of Library Members are limited to use of the library, and the annual fee is 6,000 yen.
If you wish to apply for Library Membership, please inquire at the library before visiting. A recommendation from one I-House member or a reference letter from your institution is required.
Privileges of Library Membership
- Members may use the library reading room.
- (Study desks, two PCs, and a photocopy machine are available for use.)
- Members may borrow books and magazines (except for reference works).
- Members may utilize the expertise of the library research staff.
- Members may request inter-library loans.
- Members may request letters of introduction to other libraries in Japan.
The Library, The International House of Japan
5-11-16 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0032
TEL: 03-3470-3213 (Mon.-Sat., 9:00 am-6:00 pm)