Steven Muncy (2021 Ramon Magsaysay awardee, U.S.A/based in Southeast Asia) and T.M. Krishna (2016 awardee, India)
- Moderator: Cheche Lazaro
- Language: English with Japanese subtitles
- Release Date: January 31, 2022, 6-7 pm Japan Time, 2022
- Co-organizer/Program Partner: Ramon Magsaysay Award Foundation
- Co-organizer: Shahani Associates
- Sponsors: Japan Foundation Asia Center Grant Program for Promotion of Cultural Collaboration, MRA Foundation, Tanaka UK Japan Educational Foundation
In this session, two recipients of the RMAF prize will take part in a facilitated discussion about the significant challenge of confronting the various forms of discrimination that can lead to marginalization or even displacement from homes and countries. These two leaders in the region will shed light on their advocacy and, more specifically, their views about how minority groups can be empowered to work towards their own aspirations.
This video has Japanese subtitles. Go to Youtube Help for more details.
Steven Muncy (2021) is based in the Philippines where he leads the humanitarian organization Community and Family Services International (CFSI). CFSI has worked to alleviate the plight of the Rohingya people as well as other displaced peoples in Southeast Asia, including the Philippines. More about Steven Muncy is here, https://www.rmaward.asia/awardee/steven-muncy
T.M. Krishna (2016) from India is a well-known Carnatic vocalist, a writer, and an outspoken social commentator and activist against caste discrimination and violence against minorities. More about TM Krishna is here, https://www.rmaward.asia/awardee/thodur-madabusi-krishna-2