- *This program has finished.
- Lecturer: Shigeyama Doji (Kyogen actor, Okura School)
- Date: Thursday, March 9, 2017, 7:00-8:30 pm
- Venue: Kabayama-Matsumoto Room, International House of Japan
- Language: English (without Japanese interpretation)
- Admission: 2,000 yen (1,500 yen for IHJ members and students; Free for guests staying at I-House on March 8 or 9)
Please pay in cash at the reception.
- Seating: 80 (reservations required)
|©Doji Company Inc.|
In 2013, He wrote and directed his first “Hyakumanben” comic skit, and in 2014 he began his “Shinsaku ‘Jun’ Kyogen Marikouji” performance group to present new kyogen plays he writes. In 2015, he wrote and directed an operetta, The Merry Widow, at the Tokyo Metropolitan Theatre and Kanazawa Theatre.
In other wide-ranging activities he has used his English speaking skills in appearing regularly on the NHK language program “Purekiso English” as the character “CowDoji” and also performs as an actor in movies and on stage. He performs Kyogen in both Japanese and English inside and outside Japan and often collaborates with artists in various genres. The website of Doji Company Inc. is here.