The library conducts various activities related to strengthening the information infrastructure of Japanese studies.
[Reading about Japan at I-House Library] Craig Mod—The Walk and Talk: Koya Bound and Walk Design
- Date: Thursday 29, November, 2018, 7:00 pm
- Venue: Kabayama-Matsumoto Room, International House of Japan
- Speaker: Craig Mod (Writer / Photographer)
- Language: English (without interpretation)
- Admission: IHJ Members & Library Members: free; Non-members: 1,500 yen (reservation required)
- *This program will be held thanks to a contribution from an I-House member.
Mr. Craig Mod, a writer and photographer, will talk about the design of walks — focusing specifically on Japan’s pilgrimage paths and old roads. Why is walking in Japan so conducive to meditation and deep discussions? Mr. Mod will also break down the production, design, and philosophy behind his book, Koya Bound, on the Kumano Kodo.
The Library, The International House of Japan
5-11-16 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0032
TEL: 03-3470-3213 (Mon.-Sat., 9:00 am-6:00 pm)