- *This event has finished.
- Reader: Giorgio Amitrano (Director, Italian Cultural Institute of Tokyo)
- Date: Thursday, February 5, 2015, 7:00 pm
- Venue: The Library, International House of Japan
- Language: English (without Japanese interpretation)
- Admission: IHJ Members & Library Members: free, non-members: 1,000 yen
- (reservations required)
- *This program will be held thanks to a contribution from an I-House member.
The works of Haruki Murakami, one of the most remarkable writers of modern Japanese literature, have been translated into more than 40 languages and highly acclaimed internationally since his debut in 1979.
In this session, Prof. Giorgio Amitrano, Director of the Italian Cultural Institute, will read from Kafka on the Shore, and discuss it. Prof. Amitrano served as a professor in the Department of Political Science of the “Orientale” University of Naples, and later as the dean. In 2013 he was assigned to his present post.