Special Lecture Series for I-House Members
Starting from 2019, the International House of Japan (I-House) is holding special lecture series exclusively for our members, inviting world-renowned individuals as guest speakers. Following each talk, there will be a reception for all participants to deepen friendships among one another.
Available on Youtube! [I-House 70th Anniversary] Special Member’s Event Commemorating the 1952 Fundraising Tea Party Hosted by Prime Minister YoshidaThis event now concluded.
- Date and time： Friday, November 18, 2022, 6:00–8:30 pm (Doors open at 5:30 pm)
- Venue： Iwasaki Koyata Memorial Hall
- Program： Screening of the 70th anniversary documentary film Three Architects (17 minutes)
- Speaker： Mr. Yoshifumi Nakamura (Architect)
- Language： Japanese/English (with simultaneous interpretation)
- Eligibility： I-House members (first-come, first-served basis, each member can bring up to one guest)
- Admission： ￥15,000 per person (includes buffet-style dinner, free drinks, souvenir,* and tax) *A special Moleskine notebook containing blueprints and chair sketches of I-House at the time of completion
- The 70th anniversary documentary film Three Architects
- Moleskine notebook
Yoshifumi Nakamura (Architect)
Yoshifumi Nakamura was born in Chiba in 1948 and graduated from Musashino Art University in 1972 with a degree in Architecture. He worked for architect Tsunenobu Shinji before studying furniture-making in the Woodworking Department of the Tokyo Metropolitan Shinagawa Vocational Training Center. He worked for architect Junzo Yoshimura from 1976 to 1980, serving as his secretary for furniture-making. He established Lemming House in 1981, mainly designing residences and also producing furniture. Nakamura was awarded the inaugural Yoshioka Prize for the Mitani Hut in 1987 and the 18th Isoya Yoshida Prize Special Award in 1993 for his various housing projects. He has been a visiting professor at Tama Art University since 2014.His representative works include the Mitani Hut, House in Kazusa I & II, museum as it is, House in Ogigayatsu, Rei Hut, and Itami Juzo Museum. His publications include Jutaku junrei (A Pilgrimage of Houses), Jutaku dokuhon (The House Reader), Ichu no kenchiku (The Architecture in My Mind), Fudangi no jutakujutsu (Design Techniques for Casual-Wear Housing), Jutaku junrei futatabi (A Pilgrimage of Houses Revisited), and Nakamura Yoshifumi: Futsu no jutaku, futsu no besso (Yoshifumi Nakamura: Ordinary Houses, Ordinary Cottages). He is also the co-author with Junzo Yoshimura of Yoshimura Junzo Jutaku Saho (Junzo Yoshimura’s Etiquette of Home Design).
VIDEO*Documentary Short Film Commemorating I-House’s 70th Anniversary, Three Architects can be watched here. *Unauthorized reproduction, editing, or duplication of content published on our member site is prohibited.
|[Exclusively for Members] Ohanami Dinner 2023|
|[Garden Jazz Night] Takuya Kuroda Jazz Band|
|[Exclusively for Members] Sakura Party 2022|
|[Exclusively for Members] Christmas Dinner 2021|
|[Members Only] Christmas Menu Tasting Event|
Walk ‘n’ Talk at I-House
International House of Japan
5-11-16 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0032
TEL: 03-3470-9115 (Mon.-Fri., 9:00 am-5:00 pm)