[Library] Library Tour in NovemberThe library will hold a tour on Saturday, November 17, 2018. We will introduce you to the library's usage. If you are interested in the library or library membership, please feel free to participate. Reservations are unnecessary.
- Date: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 2:00 pm-
- Place: The Library, International House of Japan
- Participants: IHJ members, persons who are interested in the library, persons who are considering becoming a library member
- Language: Japanese (If you would like to participate library tour in English, please contact the library.)
[Reading about Japan at I-House Library] Craig Mod—The Walk and Talk: Koya Bound and Walk Design
- Date: Thursday 29, November, 2018, 7:00 pm
- Venue: Kabayama-Matsumoto Room, International House of Japan
- Speaker: Craig Mod (Writer / Photographer)
- Language: English (without interpretation)
- Admission: IHJ Members & Library Members: free; Non-members: 1,500 yen (reservation required)
- *This program will be held thanks to a contribution from an I-House member.
Mr. Craig Mod, a writer and photographer, will talk about the design of walks — focusing specifically on Japan’s pilgrimage paths and old roads. Why is walking in Japan so conducive to meditation and deep discussions? Mr. Mod will also break down the production, design, and philosophy behind his book, Koya Bound, on the Kumano Kodo.
[Library] Newly Arrived Books
A list of books received in the past 40 days is available here. (continuously updated)
The Library, The International House of Japan
5-11-16 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0032
TEL: 03-3470-3213 (Mon.-Sat., 9:00 am-6:00 pm)