- Date: Friday, February 19, 2016, 7:00 pm
- Venue: The Library, International House of Japan
- Reader: Radu Şerban (Ambassador of Romania in Japan)
- Language: English (without interpretation)
- Admission: IHJ members & Library members: Free, Non-members: 1,500 yen
- (reservations required)
- *This program will be held thanks to a contribution from an I-House member.
In this reading session, Radu Şerban, Romanian Ambassador to Japan, will read from his recent publication Closer to the Sky (Sora e Ayumu). The book describes Mr. Serban’s climbing Mt. Fuji in July, 2014, as well as a glimpse of his philosophy of life, beliefs, and experiences. The visits to Japan by Romanian Monsignor Vladimir Ghika (1873-1954), in 1933 and 1936, will also be introduced.