The environment surrounding Japanese Studies in recent years has changed greatly, such as the increasing interest in Japanese popular culture or the rise of Chinese and Korean Studies. However, it is not easy to acquire research information in the social sciences and humanities overseas.
Therefore, it is crucial to foster Japanese specialists of the next generation who can effectively obtain, offer and disseminate Japanese studies information, for the future development of Japanese studies.
The International House of Japan and the National Diet Library of Japan are jointly launching the Japan Specialist Workshop: Access to the Culture and Society of Contemporary Japan 2012, to support the improvement of the knowledge and skills for accessing information of overseas Japanese study specialists and Japanese study information specialists, including librarians and curators.
The theme of this Workshop is the field of the humanities (history, literature, art, philosophy, and religion). And the objective is acquisition of the necessary knowledge and skills for accessing the latest information in Japanese studies, as well as contributing to the construction of a close human network among Japan specialists in various countries.
As a residential workshop, all participants will stay at the International House of Japan, and will attend the same program.
We hope for many applications.
- Date: February 14 to 22, 2012
- Intended for: Those who live outside Japan, and are in a position to obtain, offer, and disseminate Japanese information (including young Japanese studies researchers, librarians and curators who have working experience in obtaining and introducing Japanese information).
- Venue: International House of Japan, National Diet Library, etc.
- Costs: The cost for round-trip plane tickets (up to a maximum amount) and lodging at the International House of Japan (ten nights with breakfast) will be provided by the organizers.
- Language: Japanese
- Application Deadline: Documents for applications should be submitted by Thursday, September 29, 2011 by postal mail.
- Organizers: International House of Japan, National Diet Library
Please check details of qualification requirements, the outline of the workshop, and the application method, through the following guidelines for applicants:
-Call for applications for the Japan Specialist Workshop 2012
For past activities please see this page.