- *This event has finished.
- Date: Wednesday, September 30, 2015, 7:00 pm
- Venue: Kabayama-Matsumoto Room, International House of Japan
- Moderator: Ogoura Kazuo (Professor, Aoyama Gakuin University / Senior Advisor, Japan Foundation)
- Noh Actress: Terai Chikage (Shite kata, the Kanze School of Noh)
Stuart Varnam-Atkin (Narrator / Actor / Writer / Lecturer, Open University of Japan)
Timothy Harris (Actor / Lecturer, Open University of Japan)
Darren Craig (Teacher, Japan College of Foreign Languages / Former Daiwa Anglo Japanese Foundation Scholar)
- Language: English (without interpretation) (Noh performance in Japanese)
- Admission: IHJ members & Library members: free, Non-members: 1,500 yen
- (reservations required)
- Contact: 03-3470-3213 (The Library)
- *This program will be held thanks to a contribution from an I-House member.
Five Modern Noh Plays, written by Mishima Yukio, one of the most important Japanese novelists of the 20th century, is a collection of plays based on traditional Noh. These works have been translated in various countries and performed many times.
In this reading session, readers will read from The Lady Aoi, and a Noh actress will perform a part of the Noh play The Lady Aoi.