- This event now concluded.
- Date: Thursday, November 29, 2018, 7:00 pm
- Venue: Kabayama-Matsumoto Room, International House of Japan
- Speaker: Craig Mod (Writer / Photographer)
- Language: English (without interpretation)
- Admission: IHJ Members & Library Members: free; Non-members: 1,500 yen (reservation required)
- *This program will be held thanks to a contribution from an I-House member.
Mr. Craig Mod, a writer and photographer, will talk about the design of walks — focusing specifically on Japan’s pilgrimage paths and old roads. Why is walking in Japan so conducive to meditation and deep discussions? Mr. Mod will also break down the production, design, and philosophy behind his book, Koya Bound, on the Kumano Kodo.