- *This event has finished.
- Reader: Sir David Warren (Chairman of the Japan Society)
- Date: Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 7:00 pm
- Venue: The Library, International House of Japan
- Language: English (without Japanese interpretation)
- Admission: IHJ Members & Library Members: free, non-members: 1,000 yen
- Seating: 45 (reservations required)
- *This program will be held thanks to a contribution from an I-House member.
Francis Henry King (1923-2011), was a respected writer of modern English literature. He served as Regional Director of the British Council in Kyoto from 1959 to 1963, and wrote several works on Japan including The Custom House (1961), The Waves Behind the Boat (1967), and The Japanese Umbrella and Other Stories (1964).
In this session, Sir David Warren, Chairman of the Japan Society, will read from The Custom House, and discuss it. Sir David served for many years as a diplomat at the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO), and was Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Japan from 2008 to 2012.
Sir David Warren, KCMG