[Reading about Japan at I-House Library] Elise Wessels and Marije Jansen Talk about Japan : Modern – Japanese Prints from the Elise Wessels Collection
- Date: Wednesday, November 22, 2017, 7:30 pm
- Venue: The Library, International House of Japan
- Speakers: Elise Wessels (Director, Nihon no Hanga, Amsterdam, The Netherlands) and Marije Jansen (Curator of Japanese prints, Rijksmuseum Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
- Language: English (without interpretation)
- Admission: IHJ members & Library members: Free, Non-members: 1,500 yen
- (reservations required, including a glass of wine)
- *This program will be held thanks to a contribution from an I-House member.
Elise Wessels and Marije Jansen will talk about Elise Wessels’ Japanese Taisho-period print collection, which is to be donated to the Rijksmuseum Amsterdam. The collection is known for its beauty and stylishness. Please enjoy the talk, and the opportunity to have conversation with Elise and Marije over a nice glass of wine.
[Library] Library Tour in September
The library will hold a tour on Saturday, September 16, 2017.
We will introduce you to the library's usage. If you are interested in the library or library membership, please feel free to participate. Reservations are unnecessary.
- Date: Saturday, September 16, 2017, 2:00 pm-
- Place: The Library, International House of Japan
- Participants: IHJ members, persons who are interested in the library, persons who are considering becoming a library member
- Language: Japanese (If you would like to participate library tour in English, please contact the library.)
[Library] Newly Arrived Books
A list of books received in the past 40 days is available here. (continuously updated)
[Library] Grant from the Kasumi Kaikan
We are pleased to announce that the library has received a grant from the Kasumi Kaikan in Fiscal 2016. As a result, we have been able to add 34 valuable new books in Japanese Studies to our collection.
The Library, The International House of Japan
5-11-16 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0032
TEL: 03-3470-3213 (Mon.-Sat., 9:00 am-6:00 pm)