[An edited version of this lecture is available in the IHJ Bulletin, Vol.31, No.1, 2011.]
- Speaker: Kondo Seiichi, Commissioner for Cultural Affairs
- Date: Tuesday, January 11, 2011, 7:00 pm
- Venue: Iwasaki Koyata Memorial Hall, International House of Japan
- Admission: 1,000 yen (Students: 500 yen, IHJ Members: Free)
- Language: English/Japanese (simultaneous translation provided)
Mr. Kondo served as Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) (2006-08) and as Ambassador to Denmark (2008-10), before being appointed Commissioner for Cultural Affairs on July 30, 2010. Mr. Kondo drew up Japan’s new public diplomacy strategy when he was Director-General, Department of Public Diplomacy, Ministry of Foreign Affairs. He has written numerous publications on cultural exchange and public diplomacy.
His lecture will be preceded by a short performance of traditional Japanese music.