- ※This program has finished.
- Wednesday, May 30, 7:00 pm
- Venue: B1 Room 3, International House of Japan
- Artist: Quynh Vantu
(Architect/Artist; US-Japan Creative Artists Program Fellow)
- Language: English
- Co-sponsored by the Japan-US Friendship Commission (JUSFC)
- Admission: Free (reservations required)
Trained and licensed as an architect, Quynh Vantu explores the relationship between buildings, space, and the body using dynamic architectural forms that bring about communication. Working between art and architecture, Vantu’s interdisciplinary practice is devoted to spatial experimentation and site specificity, drawing influences from the places she visits.
Vantu will tell us about her experiences as an artist in residence in Kamiyamacho (Tokushima prefecture), where she has been since January working on her permanent installation Kyokai, an architectural work of public art.
Photographs are courtesy of the artist.